To Order Online
To order online, you will need to use a credit card to pay the birth certificate fee and a $10 credit card handling charge. Orders can be delivered by regular mail, at no additional charge, or by UPS next day return delivery for an additional $19.50.
These orders may take seven business days to be processed. An adult signature is necessary to accept the UPS delivery. We can send packages by UPS to your place of work. UPS deliveries cannot be made to post office boxes.
Credit card transactions are not handled by the Illinois Department of Public Health, but are processed by VitalChek Network Inc., an outside vendor under contract with the state. This service is available online 24 hours a day and provides information on how to obtain an Illinois birth or death record, including eligibility requirements and request forms that can be downloaded. Once an online request application is complete, VitalChek will apply the appropriate charges to your credit card and the Illinois Department of Public Health will locate the document and send it by regular mail or by UPS to the specified address.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover are acceptable methods of payment.
- A $10 handling fee will be charged to your credit card for each transaction.
- A $3 fee will be applied for each additional person in a group order.
- The requests can be sent by regular mail, at no additional charge, or by UPS for an additional $19.50 for business day delivery in the continental United States. Extra fees will apply for out of country addresses. A signature upon delivery is required. Please be sure to use an address where someone will be present to sign.
- This service is not available for genealogical requests.
- Please be aware that Illinois records are not open to the public. Eligibility requirements must be met before records will be released.
- Online requests are processed within seven business days of receipt.
- To check on the status of your online order, you may call VitalChek at 800-255-2414.
Please click here to order on-line using the services of VitalChek Network, Inc.