How to Order a Commemorative Birth Certificate
- Under Illinois law, individuals eligible to receive a copy of a birth certificate are: the person named on the record, if of legal age, a parent or a legal representative of the person to whom the record relates.
- If you are ordering the certificate as a gift, but are not eligible to receive the record, the Division of Vital Records will forward the certificate to the eligible recipient.
- Download this application (PDF, 52K) fill in the information requested and print it out.
- Make checks or money orders payable to the "Illinois Department of Public Health" and send the application and fee to:
Division of Vital Records
925 East Ridgely Ave.
Springfield, IL 62702-2797
*Be sure to include a legible/readable copy of your valid photo identification. If not provided, unreadable or expired, the request will be returned unprocessed.
- The fee for a commemorative birth certificate is $40 for each copy.
NOTE: In order to view PDF documents,
you need a copy of the Adobe Acrobat Reader software.