{short description of image} Contact Us
Dissolution of Marriage Records

<< BACK   Frequently Asked Questions

The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH), Division of Vital Records does not issue certified copies of dissolution of marriage records. Certified copies are available from the circuit court clerk in the county where the dissolution of marriage was granted. (Click here for a list of circuit court clerks)

For a $5 fee, IDPH, Division of Vital Records can verify the facts of a dissolution of marriage that has taken place from 1962 through the current index date available. Dissolution of marriage indexes can only be searched by the husband's last name. Verifications can be obtained by mail, by fax or in person.


Application for verification of dissolution of marriage record files

Ordering Information

Frequently Asked Questions


Marriage, Dissolution, and Invalidity Records Act
Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act
County Circuit Court Clerks
Illinois Vital Records Code (rules)
County Vital Records Web Sites or County Clerk Addresses

925 East Ridgely Ave., Springfield, IL 62702